With Spring Fever in the air and Spring Break vacay plans in full swing, we started talking about travel essentials and best tips based on previous travel experiences around the world. So for all you lucky vacationers (and to the seasoned travel warriors) out there, here’s our Top 10 Travel Tips:
1. Bring Your Smile and Be Patient. When you walk out that front door, things can go awry. The dreaded travel delays, forgetting some key item, losing luggage – all these things while stressful, will only become more stressful, if you freak out. Other people (like Gate and Flight Personnel) tend to be more helpful to people who exercise self-control and even smile in the face of extreme aggravation. So be a beacon of patience to your fellow travelers, and if nothing else, you will have earned the right to feel good about yourself!
2. Back Up Everything. Keep both digital and physical copies of your passport, visas, driver’s license, birth certificate, health insurance card, serial numbers, and important phone numbers ready to go in case of an emergency. Backup your files & photos on an external hard drive as well as online with software like Backblaze.
3. Portable Power. You’re definitely going to want extra juice for your devices when you’re traveling and you don’t want to be stuck looking for charging stations or glued to a wall plug. We may be biased, but our all-in-one portable charger, Reeljuice, has everything you need to recharge. All cables are included so you don’t have to worry about leaving cables behind. Works with both iOS and Android devices.
4. Keep Track of Things. Nothing worse than losing something essential like your phone when you’re on the road. Check out the Tile which is an incredible handy product that you use with its very well-developed app so you don’t have to worry about losing your wallet, phone, or keys again.
5. Pack Ear Buds. Sometimes the best escape is to simply block out the noise around you. You can keep your zen-like cool by zoning out a crying baby, or super annoying person who just won’t stop talking with a pair of ear buds like the Bose Quiet Comfort 20i. Although a little pricey, they are very highly rated both for sound quality and comfort.
6. Chew on Ginger. Motion sickness can afflict even seasoned travelers if that flight or the seas get too bumpy. We have found that ginger chews from Chimes and peppermint wipes from Herban Essentials are very effective in calming an upset stomach and has the added benefit of making you smell nice to your travel companions.
7. Bring Your Own Drink. Always good to stay hydrated when you’re traveling and one of our office favorites is the S’well bottle. You can empty it before going through security and fill it up on the other side. The swell thing about it is it keeps drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 12! Plus, by carrying your own reusable bottle, you’re not filling up the landfills like with the plastic one.
8. Be Preventative. Not to be a Debbie-downer, BUT flu and cold season is still hanging in there too, so don’t forget to be preventative by using your hand sanitizer every chance you get and we are also big fans of doTERRA On Guard Beadlets to give your immune system a boost.
9. Protect Your Eyes and Skin. Escaping the chilly, nasty, over-cast spring weather to sunnier climes? (Okay, we’re from Chicago and even with global warming, winter is looong!) Don’t forget to bring along your sunglasses and to protect your skin with sunblock. Nothing spoils a vacation faster, then a painful sunburn.
10. World’s Best Travel Jacket. Take the jacket that everyone is talking about with you – the Baubax Jacket. You will be sure to have room for everything we mentioned above and check out all the cool gear it comes with:
Planning ahead for your trip is easier than ever. We are sure these ideas will make your trip more enjoyable for everyone. Don't see your favorite tips? Write in the comments below!By Christa K.